So I have finally removed my braids over the weekend. I was planning on removing them in 2 weeks’ time but I noticed with my new growth my hair was twisting on itself, so I quickly removed them before I get any damage.
The take down was not too painful, and the detangling process was not as bad as I was expecting it to be. My hair was moisturised as I was un-braiding it so it was really easy to detangle.
After removing my braids I washed my hair and protein treated it.
1. Prepooed with walnut oil for 3 hours in a heat cap
2. Shampooed my hair with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo, I believe this is a milder sulphate shampoo to my usual clarifying ORS shampoo
3. Protein treated my hair with ORS Hair Mayo with a heat cap for 1 hour.
4. Rinsed hair and T-shirt dried it for 45 mins
5. Sprayed Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance leave in conditioner and Herbal Essence Raspberry No Split Ends leave in
6. Detangled my hair
7. Flat 2 strand twisted my hair in 6 sections and let my hair air dry
My new growth was super soft and the detangling process at 16 weeks post having just taken down braids was not bad at all.
This protein treatment has prepped my hair up for my relaxer this coming weekend. I can hardly wait for a touch up. I will be ending my stretch at 17 weeks post instead of 19 weeks post‘If a man does not keep pace with his companions perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away’ – Henry David Thoreau