I washed up my braids last weekend in pretty much the same way as I have been doing every fortnight
1. In sections and with diluted shampoo, I wash my roots, I carry out this process twice.
2. Rinse my braids thoroughly and apply instant conditioner to the roots and length of my braids and leave it there for 5 mins
3. I rinse out the conditioner and towel dry my hair
4. This time round I used the drier to help speed up the hair drying process, I thinkn before I gave up my hair was 30% dry and I opted to air dry the rest.
5. I moistured my scalp with a mixed of grapeseed oil and aussie leave in conditioner, to the length of my hair I used the aussie leave in conditioners.
I am currently 15 weeks post, the longest I have been post with the help of braids.
I will wash my braids one more time and undo them in January, ready for my protein treatement and relaxer a week later.
My braids have really done well, and am hoping I get maximum length retention this stretch.
Happy Hair Journeys Ladies! :-)
'Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficultly I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many peopke who led difficult lives and led them well' - Theodore Rooseveltthor
|After the wash|