Saturday 28 June 2014

Wash Day| Week 10 & 11

This week I have skipped washing my hair as I have box braids installed. This account is my last week's wash day. 

[1] sectioned hair in 4, and applied coconut oil as my pre poo. 45 minutes with a heat cap

[2] I DC with ORS Replenishing added rosemary oil, peppermint oil. Used a heat cap for 45 mins 

[3] Shampooed my hair with my shampoo bar, Nettle and Marshmellow shampoo bar, I lathered it between my hands and shampooed.

[4] Final rinsed with aloe vera Juice, lemon and water 

[5] t-shirt dried my hair for 45 mins.

After my wash day I had flakes or some kind of build up, oh, I was mad. Went back into the shower to rinsed out my hair and co washed. Clearly the all natural shampoo bars couldn't remove the build up I had in my hair 
:( 

For the rest if the weekend I had a twist out


I now have box braids ready for my upcoming vacation! They took me 6 hours over 2 days, 3 hours each day. Love them. 





Happy Hair Journeys Ladies! :o)

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. - Thomas a Kempis

16 comments:

  1. Those braids are beautiful. I washed my hair (scalp) with my crochet braids in. I hope I can do that again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline, I also washes my braids during my holiday to get rid of any salt water and chlorine effects.

      Delete
  2. Loving the braids. Are they heavy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomes, on the first day when I put them in a bun they were slightly heavy but after that not at all got used to having an extra 6 extensions on my head :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous braids! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The braids look awesome! You're so patient x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley, a lot of patience and building myself up was needed for these braids, but it wasn't too bad after it was done

      Delete
  5. Your braids look great, I will be putting some in my hair in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keoshia! Good luck with your installation, I love braids just dread the installation process

      Delete
  6. I am dying to install some senagalese twists .I just cant find the time :(
    you're rocking those braids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Savvy Sammy. I have never tried twists and wanted to do then but thought it would take me longer than box braids. Good luck hope you find some time to do yours

      Delete
  7. SUMMER BRAIDS!!! Love em! It sucks that the shampoo bar didn't WOW you. Do you think that it's worth giving them another try?

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP, the soap bar did wow me the first time I used it but this time aroun it didn't do so well, my products are silicone heavy, this is something I need to revisit

      Delete
  8. Your braids are so nice! I wana do jumbo twists soon, just need to brace myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee, I had been hyping myself up for a few weeks. He he hope you get there too.

      Delete