I embarked on a no heat challenge for the last 6 months. It started on the 4th of January and ending on the 4th of July.
I can't say I really missed using heat, I have become so used to styling my hair with no heat. I did Bantu knot out, twist out, flexirod, buns etc
So what have I learnt on the way..
1. Using the cool setting on the blow dry to stretch my hair was a great discovery
2. I can also dry my sets using cool air.
3. Even though I was not using direct heat, I have to remember to protect my hair against the heat from the sun. Grapeseed oil is a great sun protectant.
4. My hair prefers to dry using cool air than natural air drying
5. Using week long protective styles helped through the challenge
I have really enjoyed this challenge. My plans going forward are to keep some form of a no heat challenge but not stretch it to as far as 6 months.
Here is my flat ironed hair results. Just is also my 6 months length check.
Have you even done a no heat challenge?
Happy Hair Journey Ladies! :o)
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau