Wednesday 3 February 2016

Hair Update | 1 year fully natural

I was a full year on my transition on the 10th January. Shortly after that day I decided to get rid of all the texlaxed hair I still had and be fully natural.

After I sprayed some water and gel on my hair I realised it was not going to be easy, my texlaxed hair was very underprocessed and mimicked a pretty convincing curl. 

I tried my very best to get it all, but I fear I might still have a few strands in there and also that I cut off parts that were unprocessed. In hindsight, I could have relaxed my hair bone straight on my last touch up day, if I knew this would happen.

After the scissors happy session I took a good look in the mirror at this short shrunken geled  and watered up hair and thought 'What have I done?!'

I then went straight in for a wash day:

1. Prepoo - Baobab oil for 30 mins
2. Shampoo - Herbal Essence Nourish me Butter Shampoo - the smell was great one latter did the trick - but then again I have such little hair now!
3. Deep Condition - ORS Hairepair Conditioner for 20 mins with a heat cap - note to self you need to step up on the heat game with DC
4. Towel dry 
5. Leave in - Aunt Jackies .... I sectioned my hair in a twist out and covered it with a satin wrap for the rest of the day - results below. 

First natural twist out

I got pretty comfortable in my stretched hair so I tried out a BKO and also a length check to officially start my fully natural journey


Bantu Knot Out

First natural length check

Happy Hair Journeys Ladies! :o)








How was your wash day? 


14 comments:

  1. YASSSS!!!! Congrats chica! Your hair looks amazing and I love this fluffy BKO! How many knots did you do for this style?

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP, it felt like i had took many tiny knots, just to keep them from unravelling

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your big chop! I am loving your look

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love with your new look! You're so beautiful.
    I see my hair in yours and it's pulling at my heartstrings...
    It seems multi-tone too- is that natural or did you colour?
    Your bantu knot out♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks sandra, i hope my natural hair grows up to be just like yours!! I did colour it at 9 months post, so still have some colour left over. Thanks for all the support!!

      Delete
  4. I really love the new do. It will grow on you. Trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new hair cut, welcome to the natural world.


    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being fully natural. Loving the new look. Now that you're natural are you changing your blog name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi! Yes my blog name is dropping 'relaxed' part to avoid confusion.

      Delete
  7. Love the look congrats on being natural. How did you find the transition journey?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your big chop!!! Girl what am i waiting on. I'll be two years transitioning in March and i'm still not ready for the scissors. I just like still be able to incorporate the length i have in what ever styles I want to try. I mean I'm ready but not ready for the big chop if that makes since. LOL! That bko is gorge!

    ReplyDelete