Wednesday 27 March 2013

Wash day - 2 weeks post relaxer

I am now exactly 2 weeks post relaxer, hair is still super manageable.

I opted to wash my hair and do a black tea rinse as well, so that I get the full benefits of it. This is what I did.


1. The night before I mixed my Tresemme Keratin Smooth Masque treatment with oilve oil, rosemary essential oil and lavender essential oil, to use for my pre poo. I applied it all over my hair and slept with a cap on.
Used for my pre poo mixture
Pree pooing hair overnight

2. In the morning I boiled 3 tea bags of PG tip black tea and let it cool down. (1 litre water)

black tea mixture cooling down
3. I then washed off my hair with my usual shampoo Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly smooth shampoo which is low in sulphates. 


my usual
4. I then put the tea in my spread bottle and sprayed all over my scalp and worked it through to my hair length.

5. After squeezing out the excess tea, I applied my conditioner to my hair (with the tea still on it) Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner. I then placed a cap on my head and washed it off after 15 mins.

hair with tea rinse after excess water was removed
6. I towel dried my hair. I spritz my hair with S Curl No drip activator moisturiser and my home made water and conditioner mix, and then processed to detangle my hair with a wide tooth seamless comb. I did not have much shedding just a little be of breakage, but not as much as I have been having.

towel dried hair after tea rinse

7. I roller set my hair and air dried my hair till it was more than 50% dry, then I finished it off with my hand held dryer.

Voila roller set
My seamless detangling comb



















There you have it my wash day success story

NB: I am loving the black tea rinse, my hair has a soft feel to the touch, and my breaking has also decreased, I have not experience any shedding as well. I will carry out another black tea rinse next week and write up a review about it, but I feel it is really great.





No comments:

Post a Comment