Wednesday 6 November 2013

Ginger & Rosemary tea


I have been using a mixture of ginger and rosemary tea recently, I am so happy I have switched out of using black tea, though black tea really curbed my shedding it left my hair shift after using it. I never really had any bad effects with it as I always followed it up with a smoothing treatment.

I have also used coffee before to combat shedding, but the smell…. oh dear me…. it lingers on for days and I found that the shedding was not cut down as well as when I used black tea, so coffee and me are done!

I have been using ginger tea rinse for the 3 or 4th time now and the rosemary tea was added to my wash day and I really do like the way it works. I do not think it has an impact on my shedding because it has no caffeine, but my shedding isn’t bad.

The reason I am using ginger and rosemary tea regularly now is it does not harden my hair and ginger and rosemary are both beneficial to the scalp!

Ginger promotes blood circulation to the scalp and is therefore great for a healthy scalp and a healthy scalp means better hair growth! Rosemary also stimulates hair growth for the same reason, it aides with the blood circulation to the scalp.

I still use the ginger and rosemary tea rinse after my shampoo and finish it up with a smoothing treatment or an instant conditioner.

I have also bought burdock root, which I am going to try after I remove my protective style

Have you even tried tea rinsing and what tea blends are you using and why?

Happy Hair Journeys Ladies! :-)

‘If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.’ – Nelson Mandela

4 comments:

  1. I do like rosemary tea by far! Thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried green, black, and a chamomile/lavender blend. Black is by far my least favorite; but it works like a charm. Green works just as well and doesn't harden your strands as much. The chamomile/lavender blend works the best for my hair. I also steep the tea in aloe vera juice--which I'm sure lessens that stiff feeling even more.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried green tea, if it works just as good as black am so there! Nor have I tried lavender and chamomile or aloe Vera juice, KLP you are on another level! But anything for less stiff black tea feeling hair!! :)

      Delete