I generally assumed if you had relaxed hair your hair was most likely HP, due to the chemicals processing of the hair.
I have now come to realise that the front of my hair that is texlaxed is normal porosity level and the back of my hair is LP, my bone straight hair is HP.
The back of my hair therefore tends to be super dry and this has led to me losing the bone straight hair at the back of my head area. This happened at the start of my hair journey. Since understanding this this is what I do differently
· I apply relaxer to the back of my hair first
· I always sections my hair to make sure I get enough product all over my hair
· I use the LOCO method, with the first O as coconut oil, this oil penetrates better into my LP hair at the back, and sealing in with the second O makes sure the moisture that has entered my LP hair stays there.
· Bagging/GHE – I try doing this at least once a week this helps my LP hair soak in moisture.
· Add glycerine to my conditioner – glycerine helps the nutrients penetrate into my hair strands.
Since incorporating these new techniques into my regimen, the back of my hair which suffered in the past has improved drastically.
What new things have you discovered about your hair?
Happy Hair Journey’s Ladies
‘You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do’ – Eleanor Roosevelt