Friday 12 December 2014

Fitness Friday | My current fitness programme

#FitnessFriday on @SavingOurStrand

I have recently joined a gym near my home, so I have absolutely no reason not to get my exercise done.

When I joined I was given a personal trainer session, and during my time with the trainer, I really wanted to find out how to have an efficient gym sessions, i.e. 30-45 minutes max, that produced great results

So this is what I currently do.

Spin Bike

I start with a 5 min warm up on the spin bike.

First 1min (60 seconds) – I make sure my RPM is above 60, and not much higher than 60

Second 1 min (60 seconds) – I pick up the pace and make sure my RPM is above 120

Third 1min (60 seconds) – I make sure my RPM is above 60, and not much higher than 60

Fourth 1 min (60 seconds) – I pick up the pace and make sure my RPM is above 120

Final 1min (60 seconds) – I make sure my RPM is above 60 and not much higher than 60 – cool down.

------------------------------------Warm up done 5 mins later---------------------------------------------------

Sit ups

The one thing I wanted to tone up was my belly, I know it takes more to get a 6 pack than sit up, but it sure is a good start

  1. 3 reps of 15 on the inflatable ball

----------------------------------------------Sit ups done---------------------------------------------------------------

Weights

My personal trainer recommended to me that everyone should really be done weights, to get your bones strong. He said to make my work out super-efficient I should use 3 weight machines that exercise

  1. Chest – I push the bar away from myself
  2. Back – I pull the weights towards myself
  3. Legs – The machine I use makes me do squats, but I am sat down as I push the weights

I did not think much of it when he told me and just went on my way, but after doing some reading, I found out I am exercise the 3 largest muscles in my body and by doing weights I am burning from the 3 biggest muscle therefore getting more out my work outs! I can clearly see my body is toning up great.

As my main aim was to tone up I use the weight that feel heavy enough for me to manage, i.e. I cannot carry the next weight up. I do 6 slow reps of 3, I can feel my muscles working.

And there you have it my workout in 30 mins and the best results I have ever got from using the gym.

Ok, I forgot omitted, as I am seriously trying to get a flat tummy guys, I also added 6 reps of 3 on the abs weight machine!

---------------------------------------------------30 mins work out done--------------------------------------------------

When I don’t feel like doing weights and I just want to relax and let my mind drift off I run for 30 mins on the treadmill.

What do you guys do in the gym?

Happy Fitness Friday!


‘Do not give the Devil an opportunity to work’ – Ephesians 4:27

3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up to you for doing spin, i absolutely dislike spin. Your work out looks solid. I wish i wasn't this lazy but i do walk to and from to get to work if that counts for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like Tomi. I hate the spin bike and I never feel very comfortable on it. I've been trying to get back into the gym, but it's been so cold lately I just want to stay home and bundle up on the couch. Excuses excuses! LOL!
    Good luck with your workout goals, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on joining the gym. I work out at home. I really enjoy cardio.

    ReplyDelete