1 week preparation – Protein Treatment at 12 weeks posts (ORS Hair Mayo) and massive hair detangling session, for my relaxer day keeping reading....
1. Sectioned hair in 4 sections
2. Base scalp, edges and length with Vatika Honey, Aloe Vera moisturiser (2nd ingredient is paraffium liquidium)
3. Mixed relaxer kit and added Grapeseed oil into relaxer to slow down it’s processing time.
4. Set timer for 18 mins, started at the back of my hair avoiding nape area and applied relaxer at roots, this took me 5 to 6 mins. I then applied it to my front which took me up to 12 mins, then applied to nape and missed out my hair line (it's already been though so much) and smoothen , but i could see that my new growth had a looser texture not bone straight, I then applied a corrective relaxer to the pre texlaxed hair at the back of my head, the texture did not change, the paraffium liquidium in the Vatika moisturiser really did help stop damage to pre relaxed hair.
I still had 5 mins on the timer but i quit and jumped into the shower as i felt a tingling sensation on my scalp.
I jumped into the shower to rinse it off.
5. I washed relaxer out with warm water until product was completely gone
6. Then I started neutralising my hair, I neutralised it 4 times.
7. I then used the ORS Replenshing pak and kept it on my hair for 20 mins with a heat cap and my regular cotton shower cap.
8. I rinsed out my conditioner
9. I then t-shirt dried my hair for 30 mins
10. Applied Tresemme Split Control leave in conditioner and processed to detangle my hair. This product has some keratin, however it's my first time using it and am all out of Aussie leave in
11. After detangling I added TREsemme heat protector and blow dried my hair on cool, it was pretty much dry before I started.
12. I sectioned my hair to start flat ironing it at 210 degrees, and this is where the problems unfolded. My back and crown had so many knots, I sectioned my hair and detangled again, oh my, it was heart breaking, but I powered on, I got them all with not as much damage as I anticipated, boy do I miss Aussie hair miracle leave in :(
13. I then proceeded to flat iron, I think I have forgotten how to flat iron! The results were not as I remember them
Verdict - I have found a use for my Vatika 'moisturiser', my hair has retained length, ends still need to be cut off, I have already removed 1 inch, and will be removing another inch. Texture and thickness prefect, I am falling in love with the thick texture of my texlax end hair. I also think grapeseed oil in my relaxer helps me active the right texture for me. My bone straight ends really have no home any more, think I've gained an inch
From start to finish this process took me about 5 hours, full day’s work! See results below. I relaxed my hair at 13 weeks post! Will definitely try for longer next time, but use more permanent protective styles and blow dry my hair the week before relaxer, just to get all the knots out
Hair Stats check (07/09/2013)
Hair length – full APL give or take after my next trim.
Nape & Ends
My nape has grown 1/2 an inch and my ends look better than they did in June, I think, still have a while to go for a full U shape!
Overall am happy with the state of my hair.
Have you recently relaxer your hair? How was it?
Happy Hair Journeys Ladies and Gents! :-)
‘If you don’t plant knowledge when you are young, it will give us no shade when we are old’ –Lord Chesterfield