This is the last wash day of the month so I will be clarifying my hair for the start of September. Also my relaxer day is next week, so preparations have to begin, this was done on Sunday.
1. Prepooed hair in 4 sections with grape-seed oil on length and scalp for 1 hour
2. Detangled each section of my hair
3. Shampooed hair with ORS Aloe Shampoo, twice
4. Tea rinsed with ginger tea
5. Applied Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment for 5 mins and rinsed
6. T-shirt dried hair for 10 mins
7. Applied DC to hair, ORS Hair Mayonnaise, for 2 hours a heat cap and my cotton shower cap
8. Detangled hair
9. Rinsed out conditioner
10. T-shirt dried my hair for 1 hour
11. Used Herbal Essence Split End Leave in Conditioner
12. Detangled hair in sections and applied almond oil
13. Air dried hair in bun and silk scarf
Am currently 12 weeks post, next week is my relaxer day at 13 weeks post, this wash day was all about detangling and protein to get myself ready for my relaxer day. I have run out of Aussie Hair Insurance Leave in Conditioner and all the shops seem to be out of stock! I mean everywhere I go it’s just not there!! :( So I got the Herbal Essence split end leave in conditioner (think I got the name wrong) it’s a creamy texture, like it so far. It like my Aussie leave in, it has silicones, my hair feels moisturised enough, I would not go any further with my stretch though need to avoid any setbacks at this stage.
Looking forward to my relaxer day, just to keep the puffy hair at bay for a while! This stretch has been easy breezy, I have had tangles at the back of my hair and crown but nothing too major that my detangler (Aussie Hair Miracle Insurance leave in conditioner) could not handle, I would stretch to the end of September, but I do not want to jinx it so far in my stretch will leave longer stretches to future me!
How is your stretch going?
Happy Hair Journeys Ladies and Gents! :-)
‘Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them’ – Henry David Thoreau