Friday 7 March 2014

Fitness Friday| Motivation to keep going



It has been 2 months now since I started my exercising life and I love the new found energy I have. It is unbelievable I had all this energy in me!

It has been really difficult to keep it going at times. When I started, I was powered with the thought of something new, then I dropped a few pounds and the motivation got stronger. But after a while, the weight doesn’t move as much as it did at the start, and the thought of exercising becomes just another thing on the list that I have to do for that day.

This is what has helped me keep going.

Phase 1: Start gradually. When I decided to take up exercising, I started with one day of exercising in the first week. I then built this up to 2 exercising days a week and then 3 exercising days each week. I am hoping to slowly incorporate 4 days of exercising. The key was doing it gradually.

Phase 2: Find something you enjoy. For me, this has been jogging. Most people find jogging boring, but the great thing about exercise is you can do so much; boot camp work out, kick boxing, swimming, aerobics etc. the list is endless. I tried Pilates and Insanity at the start, but I am enjoying jogging more, and when my exercising routine is more stable I will incorporate more variety.

Phase 3: Allocate a set time. You need to allocate a time for you to do your exercise and stick to it. I am currently working out 3 times a week and I know my workout days are; Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I used to work out after I got back from work, but I found I would start making excuses of why I could not go from about 3pm that day. So to avoid this I have changed it to 30 mins in the morning before work. With spring coming and the sun rising before 7am I have no excuses.

These were the 3 phases that I have used to keep going with my exercise, and really I hope it becomes a habit soon, I love all the extra energy and swing I have!

How have you kept the motivation to exercise going?

Happy Fitness Friday! :o)

‘Experiences are savings which a miser puts aside. Wisdom is an inheritance which a wastrel cannot exhaust.’ – Karl Kraus

4 comments:

  1. You'd think that exercise would make you tired but it does the complete opposite! I always have more energy and I find it easier to focus on tasks especially when I start the day with a workout.

    Thanks for joining the #FitnessFriday movement chica!

    PS: Don't forget to share your badge. You can find out how here.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! This week has been a tough week! But exercise has been the best habit I have picked! Love it! Will get my badge!

      Delete
  2. I am also a fitness junkie now and beginning was so tough! But all your points are right, especially the morning thing. I hate waking up early but I'm up jumping around with Shaun T by 6am everyday. I'm currently doing Focus T25. I tried jogging but it's not for me. Keep it up! #TeamFitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw the results of your abs! amazing! I would kill for a flat ab, I tried Insanity but oh my its too insane and I fear I would give up! #teamfitness indeed!

      Delete