Sunday 16 March 2014

Wash day #10wkspost


Before I started my wash day, I sectioned my hair in 6 and braided each section.


1. DC on dry hair with Vatika Black Seed deep conditioner hair mask for 2 hours, to help with heat generation I used 2 heat caps, regular shower cap, plastic bag and stocking. I could feel the heat! 

2. Rinse out conditioner and shampooed once with Elasta QP creme and conditioning shampoo diluted with water and walnut oil. 

3. I tea rinsed my hair with burdock root, first time trying this.

4. I applied Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner and left it on for 5 mins, then rinsed

5. I t-shirt dried my hair for 20 mins sprayed Aussie Hair Miracle Insurance leave in conditioner and coconut oil, then a layer of ORS Carrot Oil and sealed it in with a serum and let it to air dry in the braids

6. A few hours later when my hair was 80% dry I detangled in sections. 

Overall great wash day, minimum issues during my detangling. My plan is to protein treat my hair next week, ready for relaxer, which am still debating about.

Burdock root really left my hair moisturised and I believe really helped me with the easy detangling. Will order more.  

Overall at 10 weeks post it feels too good to be true.

How was your wash day?

Happy Hair Journeys Ladies! :o) 

“ Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself. ” Robert Frost

7 comments:

  1. Looks like all went well. I'm also at 10 weeks post and things are not so bad. I will be stretching to 16 weeks or there about so no relaxer touch up for me any time soon.

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stretch has really gone quick! I will try seeing if I can do 16 weeks without killing myself!

      Delete
  2. Yay for easy detangling at 10 weeks! I've never tried burdock root or walnut oil. Where did you purchase them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burdock root I got off ebay, it was shipped all the way from Hong Kong or Chinese. I don't remember how much it was but it wasn't expensive.
      Walnut oil, I got from ASDA which is our equivalent to Walmart!

      Delete
  3. MY wash day was similar to yours. I DC, Shampoo & Air dried. The 2 showers is so not attractive at this time. Cheers to awesome wash days. I'm 8weeks post and don't know when i'll relax, maybe in 8-10weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so with you there, the 2 shower on wash day has run me down hehe. You are half way through your stretch, am looking forward to my approaching relaxer :)

      Delete
  4. #woot for a mini wash! Ain't no body got time for hopping in and out the shower right now! I really need to restock my teas.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete