Monday 15 July 2013

The time pressured wash day - 5 weeks post

So this weekend was very tight for me. Had something to do every single hour of the day! I thought, of skipping my wash day all together but as I went swimming Saturday morning, I really could not afford to miss a wash day.
Tired poor me washed my hair on the Saturday night, just before bed, the process was quick:
1.     Co washed with Tresemme Naturals Richly Moisturising Conditioner, once
2.    Shampooed with Tresemme Natural low sulphate vibrantly smooth shampoo, once – I thought I really needed to use shampoo because of the chlorine from the pool.
3.    I co washed again once more with Tresemme Naturals Richly Moisturising Conditioner
4.    I did an instant conditioner treatment with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Take The Heat Conditioner. I left it on my hair for 3 to 5 mins and rinsed it out with cold water.
5.    I t-shirt dried my hair for 15 mins, and sprayed Aussie Miracle Insurance Leave in Conditioner, and detangled.
6.    I then added some coconut oil on my hair and twisted my hair in 4 two strand twists and used flexirods to secure the ends, put on my satin bonnet on and jumped into bed, completely exhausted!

Verdict: I took down my hair in the morning, it had dried really well, though my hair felt really dry, before I M&S my hair I was watching hair v-logs on YouTube and I just discovered my moisturiser ORS Richly Moisturising Lotion has Petrolatum :| this might be a reason for my dry hair, not sure as its the 6th ingredient, and haven’t really been using it too long. So I kept away from it this time round and put a note to self to read through the ingredients better.
My new growth has started acting up! At 5 weeks!!! Am happy because it means my hair is growing, but scared because if it’s acting up, it’s probably not getting enough moisture (and missing a DC does not help!)! I used an old bottle of S Curl No drip spray for my roots and ORS Carrot Oil for my lengths – I might go back to using ORS Carrot Oil full time again as its both an oil and a creamy moisturising lotion. However, with S Curl, there are a lot of mixed emotions in the hair world, I thought it worked really well with my dry new grow, I will moisturise my new growth with it every day to keep it moisturised and less likely to break!
Next week I am off for a photo-shoot so my hair will be roller set on the Friday and Saran wrapped ready for Saturday morning (first self Saran wrap).
Happy Hair Journeys Ladies! :-)
‘Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.’ – Friedrich Nietzche




Results of 2 strand twists

2 comments:

  1. For my hair--ingredients definitely matter. One of my favorite conditioners: Halka Baba de Caracol has two formulas. One with mineral oil and one without. Both have the same exact packaging but with different ingredients listed. So every time that I shop in the Latin market, I check for the formula without mineral oil.

    I can't to see the results of your photo shoot!

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am intrigued with the conditioner you mentioned, haven’t heard of it, and am shopping around for a moisturising deep conditioner. The photo-shoot is this Saturday!! Only have the picture for the results of my two strand twist! I will definitely update you all with my photo-shoot results!! :-)

      And about ingredients, thank goodness for that YouTube clip, I really over looked my ingredients on this product not safe with my hair that easily dries up.

      Delete