Monday 8 July 2013

Wash Day - 4 weeks post

This wash day was done on the Sunday. On Saturday I was busy entertaining and Sunday afternoon had a food festival, so having 2 social activities is helping me achieve my July goals! However, I was so exhausted when it came to washing my hair!
This wash day I Shampooed my hair once with my Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth shampoo to finish it off, I kept my wash similar with last week just substituting my conditioner and final style. I am currently 4 weeks post. I also have started introducing ceramides in my regimen, the ones I have in my stash are Walnut oil (51%), grapeseed oil (73%) and sunflower oil (68%). I have read good stuff about Ceramides

1. I pre-pooed with grapeseed oil on my scalp and on my length, I used my heat cap for 30 mins.

2. I then shampooed my hair once using Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Shampoo then co washed once with Tresemme Rich moisturising conditioner. I have been mixing shampoo and co-washes because I feel I still need a shampoo to cleanse my hair and scalp, then putting some moisture back with the conditioner (I hope I am right on this!!)

3. Coffee  rinse – Using 4 tsp of coffee in one litre pot I boiled the coffee and let it cool down and rinsed my hair with it once, this week I did not use the ‘rinse and catch method’.


4. I then applied PMSSDT for 5 mins and rinses off.

5. Deep conditioning –I used Vatika Deep Conditioner - added grapeseed oil.  I sat with my heat cap for 45 mins.

6. Cool water rinse – to finish off I rinsed my hair with cool water and then towel dried my hair.

7.  Leave in conditioner – For my leave in conditioner I used Aussie Miracle Insurance Leave in Conditioner and detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb, really like this leave in conditioner and I need to replace the bottle soon!


8. Styling – I detangled my hair and just let the lioness in me come out, it was big and puffy but soft. I did not have a lot of shedding and breakage, but I still had a bit, even the morning after when I was finger combing. Not sure if it’s the coffee that I am using, I might go back to my black tea rinses! I applied ORS oil rich moisturiser the morning after and sealed with grapeseed oil and bunned it for the next few days!


Verdict : I am really beginning to set into my own on my journey, my breaking and shedding is slightly under control and I am avoiding the temptation of shopping for every product I read about, and will stick to what I have come to know!
My hair feels very soft and fluffy. Grapeseed oil is a definite on for me going forward, though I cannot ‘see’ the benefits of it yet, but am sure I will see them!!

Happy Hair Journeys Ladies!! :-)


‘Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.’ – Henry Ford.

Food festival on Sunday, I love summer. Wear a mini mohawk bun!

2 comments: