Monday 1 July 2013

Wash day 3 weeks post

This wash day was done on the Saturday. Clarified my hair with ORS aloe shampoo and did a coffee rinse instead of black tea. 

1. I pre-pooed with castor oil on my scalp and coconut oil on my length.

2. I used heat on it for 10 mins then detangled.

3. I then shampooed my hair once using ORS Aloe Shampoo, and co washed once with tresemme moisturising conditioner. I noticed my hair had brown water, I think it’s due to the henna based moisturising deep conditioner am using (Vatika deep conditioner) I think I will be washing my hair once with a shampoo to get all the dirty out and then second wash will be a co-wash, this however defeats the point of cutting out pre-pooing.

4. Coffee  rinse – Using 6 tsp of coffee in one litre pot I boiled the coffee and let it cool down and rinsed my hair with it 4 to 5 times, catching the run-off and rinsing again. This is my first coffee rinse that I tried.

5. Deep conditioning –I used ORS Hair Mayonnaise Conditioner and mixed it with 3 drops of peppermint and 3 drops of lavender essential oil, sweet almond oil and Argan oil.  I sat with my heat cap and using my blow dryer heated my hair for 30minutes.

6.  I rinsed off my hair and used PMSSDT for 5 mins and rinsed it off. Not sure if I should use this before or after my deep conditioner....


7. Cool water rinse – to finish off I rinsed my hair with cool water and then towel dried my hair.


8.  Leave in conditioner – For my leave in conditioner I used Aussie Miracle Insurance Leave in Conditioner and detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb


7. Styling – I roller Set my hair, I applied ORS oil rich moisturiser and coconut oil on my hair, sprayer tresemme heat protectant, and blow dried my hair dry.

1 product I am in need of: 
1) Hooded dryer


A treatment my hair is in need of:
1) At the moment I don’t think my hair is in need of any treatment. My hair feels soft and full, I did notice that the hair on my crown is really unprocessed, like it’s still natural, I might have to fix this on my next touch up and always start the relaxing process from the middle of my hair.


What I did I like about this wash day

1)       I tried using coffee rinse - I really like coffee rinse, but I don't see any difference with black tea rinses, will try it again as I have lots of coffee, my shedding was still there but not that much, I had not combed my hair in a whole week, therefore I think it wasn’t too bad, had a bit of shedding and breakage, but not significant.


Happy Hair Journeys Ladies!! :-)


‘Slow down once in a while, and take time to enjoy all the beauty around you’

 

Loved how my hair turned out

Enjoying the sun, first day I have let my hair down




No comments:

Post a Comment