Wednesday 28 August 2013

Product Haul

Am sure am not supposed to be having a product haul as it is not in line with my monthly goals but oh well.....
1.     Herbal Essence Bee Strong Conditioner – this product was on buy one get one free deal, and am almost out of conditioner, so it happened....
2.    Herbal Essence Hello hydrations Conditioner
3.    Ginger Herbal tea – I am planning on using this for my tea rinse, it comes with a blend of other teas such as peppermint, liquorice root, rose hip, strawberry leaves, sage, basil, birch leaves, nettle, hyssop and walnut leaves, just to name a few (yes the list went on).
4.    Rosemary essential oil – I used to have this but gave it to my mum for her hair.
5.    Rosemary tea
6.    Burdock root
7.    Elasta QP Mango and Butter
8. Vatika Honey, Almond and Aloe Vera Moisturiser - biggest mistake, I should have read the ingredients, 2nd ingredient Paraffin liquidium :( will use it for my length during my relaxer days. 
I got the teas because of a blog I read on ‘Relaxed thairapy’. Divachyk spoke of tea rinsing helping moisturise hair?!?!? Now I have been using black tea to do my hair since the start of my hair journey, but moisturising is not a word I would associate with what that tea does to my hair.
I reached out to Divachyk who told me that she has the exact same experience with black tea, however, the teas she uses that are moisturising are marshmallow root, burdock root and slippery elm. So I embarked on a mission to find other herbal teas, and I came across rosemary tea, ginger tea and burdock root! Tada! I quickly bought them.
What hair products have you stocked up?
Happy Hair Journeys Ladies and Gents! :-)
‘Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words’ Robert Frost

2 comments:

  1. Hiya!! Thank you for mentioning me. It was time to replenish some teas and I picked up a few new ones: peppermint, pure camomile and green. I will mix these in with my other teas as I'm too chicken to try them alone. My hair cannot afford any hit or miss wash days right now.

    Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were due a credit! ;) let me know how the new teas go, just got my burdock root and looking for to it, the ginger tea has been alright, doesn’t harden the hair but I don’t think it moisturiser either, will try burdock tea when am deep in my next stretch, relaxer weekend coming up!

      Delete