Friday 2 August 2013

Challenge Review – Month #1

Stretch
 My stretch has been going well, I am now 8 weeks post relaxer, and aiming to get to 12 weeks post this month
Expectation: 8 weeks post – Achieved
Issues: My new growth started acting up at 5 weeks posts, it was dry, I started using S Curl No drip moisturise which did help, I was moisturising my hair every day, which I think was a bit too much, as I had a lot of product build up. This month I will listen to my hair and moisturise when needed.
Goals for August: Get to 12 weeks post and baby my new growth

Nape
I have been M&S my nape with S Curl No drip Moisturiser and ORS Carrot Oil.
I make sure I also have a silk bonnet on and sleep on a silk pillow case. So far I think my nape is getting strong and I have not noticed any breaking off. No other issues with my nape, will continue doing what I am doing.
Ends
I have been M&S my ends and protective styling them. I have used direct heat once this month, but I don’t think this should be an issue. I will continue doing what I am doing and most importantly protective styling!
Protective Styling
I did do 2 new protective styles in this month.
One was for my friend’s wedding (midweek wedding in the Mountains of North Wales)

Protective style #1 Bun with crown
 The other is an instant weave, which I am loving the ease of. I will be posting a detailed review of this product soon.

Protective Style #2 - Instant Weave


Overall
I feel my challenge is going well, however, I have noticed that I am now a victim of improper bunning and protective styling! My buns have been too tight, my hair line has suffered because of it. So in addition to the 3 challenges I have for myself I will be doing a hair line challenge which I got from www.phrophro.com/hlc/. As it’s still a sensitive topic for me, I had noticed that my hair line was thinning but thought maybe it is in my head, and over the weekend my bf mentioned that I shouldn’t manipulate my hair as the front is thinning :-( prior to my hair journey I have not had issues with thinning hair lines and I use to weave my hair and straighten my hairline all the time!!!!

 I have taken a picture of my starting point and will show the results after 3 months to see what improvements I have made

Additionally to using castor oil and peppermint oil every-day I will also

1.     Not apply any relaxer to hairline

2.    Use hair clips for protective styling and not hair ties

3.    Use much looser protective styles.


Happy Hair Journey’s Ladies :-)

‘Preparation for old age should begin not later than one’s teens. A life which is empty of purpose until 65 will not suddenly become filled on retirement.’ – Dwight L. Moody







4 comments:

  1. I love how huge your bun is, good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks candice, am looking forward to see your relaxer results!

      Delete
  2. I feel like I'm having hairline troubles too. But I know thin edges run in my family. Don't fret too much as stress will only make it worse. Good luck on your challenge!

    www.neishajo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right I really should relax. I've never had hairline issues. I hope you are doing better with your hairline too.

      Delete