My wash day was done on the Saturday morning as I had a wedding in the late afternoon
1. Pre-pooed with grape-seed oil for 15 mins with a heat cap.
2. Detangled before washing hair.
3. Shampooed hair with Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo
I skipped my usual tea rinse step to experiment, my hair has not been shedding excessively and I wanted to see what would happen if I skipped this step for a week.
6. I deep conditioned with Vatika Deep Conditioner, adding peppermint oil, lavender oil and grape-seed, I sat with a heat cap for 15 mins and rinsed with cool water.
7. I t-shirt dried my hair for 30 mins.
8. After removing the t-shirt I applied Aussie Miracle Insurance Leave in Conditioner and proceeded to detangle.
9. After detangling applied some coconut oil and tresemme heat pritector to my hair and roller set it
Verdict: I am currently 9 weeks post relaxer, my stretch is going well so far, haven’t had an issue with my NG, so hoping for a smooth stretch, if I can extend it past 13 weeks that will be great! My wash day was significantly shorter, I didn't not have much shedding, but slightly more than on tea rinse days, I can afford to skip tea rinses here and there as I feel like the shedding is normal, the only think I like about tea rinses is it gives my hair a nice brown reddish colour!
Happy Hair Journey’s Ladies! :-)
‘You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough’ – Mae West