Sunday 11 August 2013

Wash day 9 weeks post

My wash day was done on the Saturday morning as I had a wedding in the late afternoon
1.     Pre-pooed with grape-seed oil for 15 mins with a heat cap.
2.    Detangled before washing hair.
3.    Shampooed hair with Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo
I skipped my usual tea rinse step to experiment, my hair has not been shedding excessively and I wanted to see what would happen if I skipped this step for a week. 
6.    I deep conditioned with Vatika Deep Conditioner, adding peppermint oil, lavender oil and grape-seed, I sat with a heat cap for 15 mins and rinsed with cool water.
7.    I t-shirt dried my hair for 30 mins.
8.    After removing the t-shirt I applied Aussie Miracle Insurance Leave in Conditioner and proceeded to detangle.
9.    After detangling applied some coconut oil and tresemme heat pritector to my hair and roller set it  
Verdict: I am currently 9 weeks post relaxer, my stretch is going well so far, haven’t had an issue with my NG, so hoping for a smooth stretch, if I can extend it past 13 weeks that will be great! My wash day was significantly shorter, I didn't not have much shedding, but slightly more than on tea rinse days, I can afford to skip tea rinses here and there as I feel like the shedding is normal, the only think I like about tea rinses is it gives my hair a nice brown reddish colour! 
How was your wash day and what are your wedding go to styles?
Happy Hair Journey’s Ladies! :-)
‘You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough’ – Mae West

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yvonne, I am a lover of your blog. Your hair regimen seems simple and easy to follow. My last wash day involved shampooing, applying conditioner for 5 minutes, rinsed out and towel dried for 5 minutes and then air dried the rest of the day. In the evening I applied a moisturizer to my scalp and the base of the braids (new growth). This is because I had braids on. It was the day before I took them out. Keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evalyne, thanks for reading my blog! I am trying to find ways of keeping my hair healthy but not use up too much time! I love braids too and will be installing them over the winter. Your routine also sounds simple an effective!

      Delete