Friday 14 June 2013

Product review – Tresemme low sulphate Vibrantly Smooth Shampoo

Price: £5 from Boots

Claims:
The TRESemmé Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner system, with natural coconut oil and jojoba leaf extract, gently cleanses and conditions hair. Hair will be soft, manageable and smooth. Discover 10x stronger hair after just one use. This natural shampoo has no dyes, is hypoallergenic, silicone-free and safe for color treated hair.

Directions:
1.        Coat wet hair with a liberal amount of shampoo.
2.        Gently massage the scalp and roots you're your fingertips to work into a rich lather.
3.        Rinse thoroughly.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua) , Ammonium Laureth Sulfate , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate , Lauryl Glucoside , Ammonium Chloride , Water (Aqua) , Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate , Sodium Lauroamphoacetate , Fragrance (Parfum) , Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose , Propylene Glycol , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Sodium Xylenesulfonate , Citric Acid , Dipropylene Glycol , DMDM Hydantoin , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Quaternium-80 , Bisamino PEG , PPG-41 , 3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone , Disodium EDTA , Alcohol , Simmondsia Chinensis Leaf Extract (Jojoba) , PEG-18 Glyceryl Oleate , Cocoate

What I think:
I can only really compare it with my pervious shampoo ORS Aloe which I know use for clarifying. This shampoo makes my hair feel clean and is not drying. It lathes well.
After a free weeks if I have product build up or dandruff it was not the best shampoo, and had to go back to my ORS Aloe Shampoo to clarify my hair and scalp and then I would go back to my Tresemme shampoo in the following wash. The added bonus is it has no silicones which everyone cries about, need to do more research before I can say this is good or bad.

This product is value for money for £5 you get 900ml wealth of shampoo, I started using it at the start of my hair journey in January this year and 6 months later it’s still here, this is will weekly shampoo washes twice each wash. So I would definitely be repurchasing it.

At the moment I have seen that Tresemme are doing a lower sulphate Nourishing Moisture shampoo, which I will buy when the one am using is finished just to get more moisture in my washes as I don’t co wash.

Reviewing the 2 shampoos the different is the vibrantly smooth shampoo has got an extra sulphate (Ammonium Laureth Sulfate ) product while the nourshing one has an extra alcohol ingredient (Amino Methyl Propanol), and the oils in the shampoos are also different the vibrantly smooth one has coconut oil and Jojoba oil, while the nourshing shampoo has Aloe Vera and Avocado Oil. My thoughts these two shampoos should not really give you significantly different results, so will try it!

Ingredient is Tresemme low sulphate Nourshing Moisture Shampoo

Water, Amino Methyl Propanol, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glucoside, Sodium Methyl Lauroyl Taurate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Fragrance, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Ammonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil (Organic), Sodium Xylene Sulfonate, Quaternium 80, Bisamino, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Alcohol, PEG 18 Glyceryl Oleate/Cocoate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice (Organic), Polyquaternium 7 


Happy Hair Journeys ladies :)

‘Free your mind from anxiety’

*Disclaimer – I am not a hair expert, these are all exclusively my thoughts from my experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment